Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ray Power <ra...@spc75.demon.co.uk> on 2000/11/18 12:03:54 UTC

Open source connection pool recommendations?

Hi,

I'm playing with struts 0.5 on tomcat 3.1.
I was wondering what JDBC connection pool people are using with struts.

Thanks,
Ray

Re: Open source connection pool recommendations?

Posted by Joe Peer <jo...@wap-force.net>.
i've been using a connection pool which was published in a java book by
Wrox,
you can check it out at

http://www.wrox.com/Books/Book_down.asp?isbn=1861004656&sub_section=1&subjec
t=Java&subject_id=13

(download the whole code, chapter 9 should contain the connection pool)
i cant say if it is high quality or not, but for my purposes (low traffic
site without ejb) it worked without any problem

joe

Posted by Andy Boyko <ab...@fabgear.com>.
> I'm playing with struts 0.5 on tomcat 3.1.
> I was wondering what JDBC connection pool people are using with struts.

We're using the minerva pool (written for the jboss EJB container,
but we're using it by itself, without jboss).  It has some very
nice features, like JDBC 2.0 Datasource support and client-side
PreparedStatement pooling.  It's at www.jboss.org.

Andy Boyko   aboyko@fabgear.com