Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Hongxu Ma <in...@outlook.com> on 2017/07/26 07:31:04 UTC

Does hdfs support concurrent append?

Hi hdfs-dev

Question as the subject.

I googled some pages and wrote a test program to validate it.
Seems doesn't support (my test program gave: No lease on XXX error message).

Just for confirmation, thanks.

Hongxu.

Re: Does hdfs support concurrent append?

Posted by Hongxu Ma <in...@outlook.com>.
Thanks Ravi, clear!

在 27/07/2017 03:51, Ravi Prakash 写道:
Hi Hongxu!

That is correct. At any point there can only be 1 writer. This is enforced by requiring the writer to acquire leases. There may be multiple readers.

HTH
Ravi

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hongxu!