Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/05 01:39:41 UTC

Re: Call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 now open

Hi,

I learned that my proposal for talk about Data Streaming using Apache Ignite
and Apache Flink has been accepted.

I have not yet received the schedule yet. I will share as soon as I have it.

Regards,
Saikat

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 8:09 PM Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> Thank you for your email. I have submitted a talk about Data Streaming
> using Apache Ignite and Apache Flink.
>
> I would also like to co-present on Ignite internals and usecases deep dive.
>
> Regards,
> Saikat
>
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Igniters,
>>
>> I was submitting an Ignite talk to the conference and found out that this
>> time ASF created a separate category for Ignite-specific proposals. You can
>> see an abstract submitted by me:
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1woaEOWaIFxN8UIJ7nvFbYoc53mYsUsSN/view?usp=sharing
>>
>> Who else is ready to submit? It can be a deep-dive about Ignite internals
>> or Ignite use case overview. We can co-present. Also, GridGain is ready to
>> sponsor your trip if the talk is accepted.
>>

>> -
>> Denis
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 5:22 PM Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Ignite folks, just bringing to your attention and encourage anybody
>>> interested to submit an Ignite-related session. Both Alex Zinoviev and I
>>> presented at ApacheCons the previous year -- the events are worth attending
>>> and speaking at.
>>>
>>> -
>>> Denis

>>> Observability
>>> Cloudstack
>>> Geospatial
>>> Graph
>>> Camel/Integration
>>> Flagon
>>> Tomcat
>>> Cassandra
>>> Groovy
>>> Web/httpd

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Prasad,

Yes sure, I will share the slides.

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Prasad,

Posted by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saikat,

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think this year's call for proposals for ApacheCon 2020 has ended but you
can go ahead and share proposals for a talk in In-Memory Computing Summit.

 https://www.imcsummit.org/2020/virtual/call-for-speakers

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Wesley,

Definitely follow the advice of Saikat and submit the talk to the IMC
Summit.

Also, we’ll be happy to host you for Ignite virtual meetup. Many community
folks will be glad to learn how you use Ignite ML in production. Are you
ready?
https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Ignite-Virtual-Meetup/

Denis

--
-
Denis

Re: Call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 now open

Posted by Wesley Peng <me...@yonghua.org>.

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Congrats!!!

It looks like both of our talks are on same day, Tuesday, September 29th

https://apachecon.com/acah2020/tracks/ignite.html

I still have not received confirmation on schedule yet and maybe it can
change.

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.