Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jnl1 <it...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/18 20:06:25 UTC

maven-aspectj-plugin wrong version

hi all..

   i'm using maven 1.0.2.  on one machine when i build, maven is using
maven-aspectj-plugin-4.0 and my build works fine.  on another machine, it's
failing and using maven-aspectj-plugin-3.2.

   I don't have the maven-aspectj-plugin defined in my project.xml.  So, I
tried adding it like so:

<dependency>
	<groupId>maven-plugins</groupId>
	<artifactId>maven-aspectj-plugin</artifactId>
	<version>4.0</version>
	<type>plugin</type>
</dependency>

But, that didn't help.  Anyone have an idea why maven would use the 3.2
version on 1 machine but use the 4.0 version on another ?

thanks

Re: maven-aspectj-plugin wrong version

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
jnl1 wrote:

> hi all..
>
>    i'm using maven 1.0.2.  on one machine when i build, maven is using
> maven-aspectj-plugin-4.0 and my build works fine.  on another machine,
> it's failing and using maven-aspectj-plugin-3.2.
>
>    I don't have the maven-aspectj-plugin defined in my project.xml.  So, I
> tried adding it like so:
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>maven-plugins</groupId>
> <artifactId>maven-aspectj-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>4.0</version>
> <type>plugin</type>
> </dependency>
>
> But, that didn't help.  Anyone have an idea why maven would use the 3.2
> version on 1 machine but use the 4.0 version on another ?

Keep in mind, that Maven loads any plugin only once. If your project is part
of a global multi-project build and another project already uses the
aspect-j plugin, the version is completely ignored in your project, since
the plugin is already loaded.

- Jörg

Re: maven-aspectj-plugin wrong version

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Maven 1 works differently than Maven 2, it uses the plugins that are cached and
installed in your local plugins dir ($MAVEN_HOME/plugins), not the ones declared
in your pom (those are just added as normal jar dependencies to your classpath).
So check what versions you have in there and update if necessary ("maven
plugin:install..." or "maven plugin:download...").

HTH,
-Lukas