Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz> on 2011/11/02 00:58:22 UTC

Grails application in Geronimo 3

I have problem running grails application in G3. I am trying it to
deploy into virtual hosts using configuration from geronimo 2.

It fails with:

show/hide    Error    The application was not successfully started.
start of hebeidomains/whois-web/1.0.1/war failed
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
hebeidomains/whois-web/1.0.1/war failed
at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:718)
at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:681)
at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException:
trying to start ancestor config for config
hebeidomains/whois-web/1.0.1/war, but not found (configId:
hebeidomains/whois-web/1.0.1/war) (configId:
hebeidomains/whois-web/1.0.1/war)
at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:699)
... 3 more

I have no idea what should be ancestor for config. Virtual host is
defined here:

<module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat7/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car">
<gbean gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean"
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat7/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat7/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=Host,name=bean">
<attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
<attribute name="initParams">name=whois.hebeidomains.com
         appBase=
         workDir=work</attribute>
</gbean>
</module>

and geronimo-web,xml is simple:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1"

  xsi:schemaLocation="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1

http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1">
<environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
     xsi:schemaLocation="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2
                         http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
<moduleId>
<groupId>hebeidomains</groupId>
<artifactId>whois-web</artifactId>
<version>1.0.1</version>
<type>war</type>
</moduleId>
</environment>
<context-root>/whois</context-root>
<host>whois.hebeidomains.com</host>
</web-app>

Re: Grails application in Geronimo 3

Posted by "kjw.vandijk@gmail.com" <kj...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Is there any update on this issue? I ran into it myslef and have not been
able to resolve it yet.

Thanks

Re: Grails application in Geronimo 3

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
First, I have to say, OSGi is not silver bullet. From the classloading
aspect, the most improvement is fine-grained classloading delegation, IMO.
For the inverse classloading, it does not make much sense in OSGi
environment, as there is no parent classloader conception in OSGi
classloader arch.
In the coming Geronimo 3.0-beta-1, to make those common applications work
in OSGi environment, the deployer will generate a full-list import
packages, which totally mimic the old Java EE's way. As mentioned by Jeff,
you could use import-package to forbid loading configured classes from
other bundles.
e.g. <import-package>!org.apache.axis2*</import-package>, with this
configuration, the deployer will not generate the import-package for those
packages start with org.apache.axis2.

--
Ivan

Re: Grails application in Geronimo 3

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
Inline

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, virtual server is supported in Geronimo 3.0.
Before I checking the exception, it will be better if you could directly
configure the virtual host in the server.xml file in the /var/catalina
directory.
>From Geronimo 2.2, we are trying to make the configurations easier, for the
Tomcat assembly, almost the same syntax of server.xml is used to configure
the Tomcat container. The most difference with Tomcat is that it is not
allowed to configure web application context in that file.

BTW, due to the timeline of the incoming 3.0-beta-1 release, I did not have
chance to merge the root context changes to that build. not sure it will
affect your decision.
Thanks.

--
Ivan