Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Denis BUCHER <db...@horus.ch> on 1999/02/19 01:40:47 UTC

mod_cgi/3922: suexec dosn't log anything but doesn't work -- apache logs errno=13 (Permission denied)

>Number:         3922
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       suexec dosn't log anything but doesn't work -- apache logs errno=13 (Permission denied)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.2.4
>Environment:
Linux horus 2.0.33 #2 Sun Mar 29 04:18:08 CEST 1998 i686 unknown

i686 = Intel PII

This is why I suspect some kind of bug, or undocumented limitation, or ???

There is now ONE YEAR that I'm loosing evenings trying to configure suExec...
I did everything right (I think) and at least 10 people checked it with me
(friends, people from the newsgroup, ...). And there is no other error than
"errno==13" in Apache logile and we didn't found why...

It just says :  Logs :   "errno=13 // repmature end of script"
                Client : "Internal server cfg error"
                And the program isn't executed (tested with a touch /tmp/file)

Ok, if you could try to save me or redirect me to the authors of suExec
(do they exist ???) before I do a kill -9 myself, it would be very nice ;-))

Thank you !

Denis

P.S. EVERYTHING ABOUT MY CONFIG IS HERE :

My cgi config :
 access.conf:
    <Directory /w3/cgi-bin>
    AllowOverride None
    Options None IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
    </Directory>

    <Directory /w3/user-cgi-bin>
    AllowOverride None
    Options None IncludesNOEXEC
    </Directory>

 httpd.conf:
    <VirtualHost www.webne.ch>
    [ServerName ... ServerAlias ... ServerAdmin ... TransferLog ... ErrorLog]

    DocumentRoot /w3/other_homes/webne_home/
    ScriptAlias /cgi-ubin/ /w3/usercgi-bin/test-cgi/
    User webnewww
    Group w3
    </VirtualHost>

 /w3/usercgi-bin/test-cgi/test.sh :
    drwxr-xr-x  16 root     root          /w3/
    drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root          /w3/usercgi-bin/
    drwxr-xr-x   2 webnewww w3            /w3/usercgi-bin/test-cgi/
    -rwxr-x---   1 webnewww w3            test.sh

 Apache :
    Started with suexec support and suexec executable in the right place :
    horus:/etc/httpsd # su - wwwrun
    wwwrun@horus:/tmp > /usr/local/apache/sbin/suexec
>How-To-Repeat:
easily but you would need to be root. In the desc I've given everything
equivalent to repetition, I think...
>Fix:
If only ;-)))