Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com> on 2022/03/27 07:31:43 UTC

Minor tag maintenance...

Hi everyone,

... just wanted to inform you that I've done a little bit of tag
maintenance. Background: when we did the last release 1.6.0 I used so
called lightweight tags (vs. annotated tags); the difference doesn't matter
that much, both work as expected for your daily work.

But... for a while we are using now a Gradle plugin that manages our
versions automatically based on the Git information available (e. g. Git
hashes are included on all PR and develop branches to ensure we always have
unique versions no matter what); previously (before 1.6.0) we needed to set
this value manually (in gradle.properties) which was a bit inconvenient and
easy to forget. Now, this Gradle plugin calculates the current version
based on the last tag available, but the lightweight tags I used are pretty
much "invisible" to the plugin and therefore the automatically calculated
version was showing up as 1.5.1-xyz... which is obviously wrong.

Just to say: this issue is fixed. When you do your next git pull (if you
have a local clone of apache/fineract) or a git fetch upstream in your
personal forks then you might want to execute this command too:

git fetch --tags --all -f

With that your local tags match again what we have remotely.

Just FYI.

Cheers,

Aleks