Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ian Porter <ia...@codingfriends.com> on 2011/07/15 23:21:40 UTC

IIS 7.5 2008 Server

Hi All

I am trying to get the tomcat server to work on IIS 7.5 with 2008
Server, I have tried many different ways and websites that say that
they work, but when I go through there examples I am just not able to
get it to work :(

I have enabled the execute rights on the dll, virtual directory.

I was wondering if there was any advice or this way works for sure or
this website example really does work. because I am at a loss for why
the IIS redirect is not working.

--
Kind regards
Ian Porter

www: www.codingfriends.com

Re: IIS 7.5 2008 Server

Posted by Ian Porter <ia...@codingfriends.com>.
Hi Pid,

Thanks for the help, I got around this problem with using the
Application Request Routing part of IIS so bypassed the ISAPI filter
:)

Thanks
Ian

--
Kind regards
Ian Porter

www: www.codingfriends.com

Re: IIS 7.5 2008 Server

Posted by Ian Porter <ia...@codingfriends.com>.
Hi Pid,

Here are my configuration files

isapi_redirect.properties

extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
log_file=d:\opt\tomcat\logs\isapi_redirect.log
log_level=error
worker_file="d:\opt\tomcat\conf\workers.properties"
worker_mount_file="d:\opt\tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.properties"

uriworkermap.properties
/examples/*=ajp13w

worker.properties
#
# The workers that jk should create and work with
#
worker.list=ajp13w
#
# Defining a worker named ajp13w and of type ajp13
# Note that the name and the type do not have to match.
#
worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
worker.ajp13w.port=8009

For your information the log file is not been generated, have followed
the how to and still nothing ?

Also followed this
http://jhmeier.wordpress.com/2009/10/16/acitvating-the-isapi-redirect-for-tomcat-under-iis-7-5-w2k8-r2-64-bit/
and nothing.

Thanks for the help
Ian

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Pid * <pi...@pidster.com> wrote:
> On 16 Jul 2011, at 07:51, Ian Porter <ia...@codingfriends.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi pid
>>
>> I am using tomcat version 7.0, I have read the documentation below
>> thanks, but it does not say that it is working with iis 7.5?
>>
>> I shall reinstall it again, and redo the files etc ? Is there any
>> version you recommend of tomcat to work with iis 7.5 ?(with the isapi
>> redirect.dll)
>>
>> Or is it because I am using iis 7.5 or something else ?
>
> What have you tried, so far?
> Post inline your configuration files.

>> Regards
>> Ian

>>> Which version of Tomcat?

>>> Did you read this website?
>>>
>>>  http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html
>>>
>>>  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/setup.html#Windows
>>>
>>>  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

>> --
>> Kind regards
>> Ian Porter
>>
>> www: www.codingfriends.com

Kind regards
Ian Porter

www: www.codingfriends.com

Re: IIS 7.5 2008 Server

Posted by Pid * <pi...@pidster.com>.

Re: IIS 7.5 2008 Server

Posted by Ian Porter <ia...@codingfriends.com>.
Hi pid

Re: IIS 7.5 2008 Server

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 15/07/2011 22:21, Ian Porter wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to get the tomcat server to work on IIS 7.5 with 2008
> Server, I have tried many different ways and websites that say that
> they work, but when I go through there examples I am just not able to
> get it to work :(

Which version of Tomcat?