Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Jeremy Cowgar <jc...@advancedpricing.com> on 2008/09/14 03:46:28 UTC

Wrong username and password combination

I setup a Roller system on Tomcat 6.0.18. Things went OK but I am having
two problems. Oh, I am using PostgreSQL.

#1... When a new user signs up, they get an email with a link to click
to validate their email address. When they click that link, it takes
them to the register page with validation errors on all the fields
stating they must be filled in. I could never make that work. So, I
disabled the need for email validation until I get that problem solved.

#2... Now, when a new user creates an account, it always says "Wrong
username and password combination". I decided to try for myself and
created a new account. Ineed, I cannot login. What's worse yet is I
cannot login as the admin user that I setup any longer. I get the same
error. I looked at the database and my admin username is the same
username still. I then created a new user w/the same password as the
admin password and compared what the database said for the two. The two
password fields were identical leading me to think that the password for
the admin account is correct also. The active flag was true.

Any thoughts on these two problems?

Jeremy

Re: Wrong username and password combination

Posted by Eric McEachern <er...@ncsu.edu>.
I'm experiencing the same problem, with the wrong password / username
combo error. Which file serves as the controller for the register.rol
page, I'd like to run the debugger on it and see what's going on under
the hood.

Eric

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.