Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de> on 2008/02/04 19:47:40 UTC

JCR, was: JSPWiki 3 design notes

Hi Janne,

have I understood it right, that you want to replace the whole
storage backend by a JCR solution, meaning JSPWiki won't be able to
save its data directly to the file system, a database or anything else
but a Java Content Repository any more? ("Directly" because it's of
course up to the JCR server where to store the data then.)

When it comes to versioning, I'd like to remind you of JSPWIKI-110,
time machine.

Regards,
 Florian

Ursprüngliche Nachricht vom 03.02.2008 um 23:05:

Re: JCR, was: JSPWiki 3 design notes

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> have I understood it right, that you want to replace the whole
> storage backend by a JCR solution, meaning JSPWiki won't be able to
> save its data directly to the file system, a database or anything else
> but a Java Content Repository any more? ("Directly" because it's of
> course up to the JCR server where to store the data then.)

Essentially, yes.  JCR is pretty cool, even if you didn't use all of
the features.

The long story is that there *is* a nice strategy that'll allow us to
lose no advantages of the current file-based storage.  But I didn't
write it down yet.

> When it comes to versioning, I'd like to remind you of JSPWIKI-110,
> time machine.

Yup.  It's on my mind...

/Janne