Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by SSL <st...@synlogic.ch> on 2006/09/19 17:44:32 UTC

No response from server

Hello there,

we experience the situation that our Tomcat server does not respond anymore
after some time.
We already tried a few things to track the problem, like lambdaProbe, the
latest tomcat version, memory seetings, ... but to no avail.
Do you have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks
Stefan Schmitz-Linneweber

Re: No response from server

Posted by SSL <st...@synlogic.ch>.

We got no more response from any application after a while, but the
processor load was low.
Nor did we get any usefull log messages.

The problem seems to be solved: We got a deadlock of all the http-connector
threads.

It was caused by an access to a LONG_RAW field on the oracle database,
while concurrently the same or other requests fetched different data through
the same database connection.
The internal connection of the driver got stuck.

The synchronisation does not work correctly with accessing LONG_RAW fields.
Some additional details can be found on Metalink BugNo 4388999

Thanx
Stefan Schmitz-Linneweber

Re: No response from server

Posted by Li <am...@gmail.com>.