Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Kristine Hahn <kh...@maprtech.com> on 2015/10/14 21:25:49 UTC

Apache Drill 1.2 Release Notes

Release notes and a What's New section for Apache Drill 1.2 are ready for
review on my staging site.

   -
   http://kristinehahn.github.io/drill/docs/apache-drill-1-2-0-release-notes/
   -
   http://kristinehahn.github.io/drill/docs/drill-introduction/#what-39-s-new-in-apache-drill-1-2

Jacques--I got a sanitized list from Hakim about a week ago and think a few
issues have been handled since then. Please tell me:

   - Any additions/deletions to the RN? JDBC storage plugin?
   - Any changes to What's New?

Kristine Hahn
Sr. Technical Writer
415-497-8107 @krishahn skype:krishahn

Re: Apache Drill 1.2 Release Notes

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
Nice Kristine,

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio

Posted by Kristine Hahn <kh...@maprtech.com>.
Done, Kamesh.

Posted by Kamesh <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristine Hahn <kh...@maprtech.com>.

> You've changed the format of the release notes. Why don't we use the same
> as before for the JIRA table? I'd use the JIRA release notes link as there
> are a few that were merged since this initial list was likely generated.

Thanks for the feedback. Ok, I'll generate the list of issues using the
Jira release notes tool and fix the other duplication issue. The format
change was a side effect of using a search instead of the Jira tool to
remove the won't fix, duplicate, and uninteresting doc issues (a sanitized
list from Hakim).

Posted by Kristine Hahn <kh...@maprtech.com>.
Requested changes have been made to the staging site:

http://kristinehahn.github.io/drill/docs/apache-drill-1-2-0-release-notes/
http://kristinehahn.github.io/drill/docs/drill-introduction/#what-39-s-new-in-apache-drill-1-2

We'll add the release data and link to javadocs (tbd) when the release
happens.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.