Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by bebetu <an...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/09 17:59:10 UTC

Flash object still visible underneath a ModalWindow

Hi,
I am experiencing a strange issue with a ModalWindow behavior (I'm using
wicket 1.3 beta3). The main page content contains a flash object (I'm using
a SWFObject to render it) and when a ModalWindow pops-up over this content,
the flash object is still visible below. in Firefox the flash content
becomes clickable once I drag the ModalWindow clear from the flash object
rendered below. In IE the flash object is visible and clickable the whole
time after the ModalWindow is displayed.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,
florin

Re: Flash object still visible underneath a ModalWindow

Posted by bebetu <an...@yahoo.com>.
The issue is present in both IE and Firefox (flash visible at all times), the
difference is that on IE the flash object is clickable the whole time
whereas in Firefox becomes clickable only when I move the popup away from
the flash content.
I'll try the invisibility solution if nothing else is available...

Thanks,
florin

Posted by bebetu <an...@yahoo.com>.
Solved it.
It turns out that a flash object is always rendered on the topmost layer of
a page regardless of the z-index order.
To be able to place the flash object underneath a popup you need to add a
param to the SWFObject :
swfObj.addParam("wmode", "opaque");

I've added this in SWFObject.java class (I'm using the SWFObject.java
attached here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-309). Just add

      response.write(swfVar + ".addParam('wmode', 'opaque');");
before line
     response.write(swfVar + ".write('" + id + "');");

so the flash object will become blocked by the popup dialog as expected.
I got the idea from here (check the last section):
http://pipwerks.com/lab/swfobject/

florin

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.