Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2007/10/25 19:52:39 UTC

Need help diagnosing 500 error in 5.0.28

I'm trying to deploy a simple SOAP service handler (written by someone
else) to an ancient version of Tomcat (5.0.28).  This app is also
running on a production server with the same Tomcat version.

I have a command-line tool that I use to send a test message to the
server.  When I send it, it says that it got a 500 error.  There is no
indication in the Tomcat console or any of its logs of any error, or
even that a request was received.

I set a breakpoint in
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(InputStream,OutputStrea
m), and when I ran my request, it did hit this breakpoint.  I stepped
through it, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.  I also set a
breakpoint in my service handler, and it does NOT get there.

What can I do to get more information about what's going wrong here?  Is
there another place that would be useful to set a breakpoint at?