Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2014/04/13 11:00:59 UTC

Rule updates are too old - 2014-04-13

20140412:  Spam or ham is below threshold of 150,000:  http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/?daterev=20140412
20140412:  Spam: 732221, Ham: 123950

Re: Rule updates are too old - 2014-04-13

Posted by da...@chaosreigns.com.
On 04/13, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 4/13/2014 5:00 AM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> >20140412:  Spam or ham is below threshold of 150,000:  http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/?daterev=20140412
> >20140412:  Spam: 732221, Ham: 123950
> Darxus,
>
> The script has not been matching for sometime.
>
> The Cron that I got for example last night at 11:11PM EDT shows
>
>  HAM: 213076 (150000 required)
> SPAM: 1102048 (150000 required)
>
> Any thoughts why it's always wrong?

Well, the answer to that question turned out to be easy enough.  The data
this script reads matches its output:

http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/?daterev=20140412
Click "(source details)" (it's tiny and low contrast):

      0   732221   123950    0.855   0.00    0.00  (all messages)

Those second and third columns are the numbers it uses, which matches the
numbers it alerted on above.

I expect it will be more interesting to figure out why those numbers are
different from your cron output.

Also, there wasn't a rule update on that day:

>From logs of rule version numbers:

2014-04-10-23-55 3.3.2 1585908
2014-04-11-00-00 3.3.2 1586244
2014-04-13-00-00 3.3.2 1586244
2014-04-13-00-05 3.3.2 1586838

So it updated around midnight as normal between 4/10 and 4/11, and between
4/12 and 4/13, but not midnight between 4/11 and 4/12, which was the day of
this alert.

I added this to the output of the script in hopes of easing debugging, and
re-enabled it:

  The spam and ham counts on which this script alerts are from
  http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/?daterev=20140414
  Click "(source details)" (it's tiny and low contrast).
  It's from the second and third columns of the line that ends with
  "(all messages)"

  The source to this script is
  http://www.chaosreigns.com/sa/update-version-mon.pl

--
"Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are;
it solely relies on what you think."