Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/03 06:08:12 UTC

Failing gate build on Mac OS X

Hi.
I've noticed failures in Travis on Mac OS X:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/netbeans/jobs/657608934

Clearly Travis guys changed something and now the build is using JDK13. I
tried
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/commit/b42e8743490a21a18b688549e62063e185643ede
as https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/osx/ says that
"osx_image: xcode10.1"
should use JDK11, but it doesn't.

One option is to configure Travis somehow and wait for them to break it
again. Other solution is to download Zulu JDK (they provide stable download
URLs) just like I did at
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-html4j/blob/f2e74baf98c48fa258874d21681b47a645514e3a/.travis.yml
- other alternative is to make sure NetBeans can be build with JDK13+.

In any case it would be good to have gates that are passing. CCing Hector
as he modified the Mac OS X section in Travis yml few weeks ago.
-jt

Re: Failing gate build on Mac OS X

Posted by Hector Espert <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jaroslav.

I created this pull request to try to fix Mac OS build:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1997

I tried other alternative, installing OpenJDK from homebrew and it seems to
work, but it fails when it runs core.network tests.

Hector.