Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2014/10/09 22:50:44 UTC

1.8.1 release stuatus update

Quick heads-up about this: it's taken a little longer to get this
kicked off than hoped for - thanks especially to Adrian for helping
fix a bunch of small issues.

I'm aiming to get the vote email out at some point tomorrow, with (if
things go well) the release going to Central by the second half of
next week.

Regards

ap

Re: 1.8.1 release stuatus update

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all your help through the checkstyle, modernizer, and
backport ghetto, Andrew. Hopefully we can fix that up so next release
isn't so burdensome.

-A

Re: Fw: 1.8.1 release status update

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Forget to add:

* dist directory: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jclouds/1.8.1-rc1/

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Getting there! The RC is now in the dist directory and in the ASF
Maven staging repos. I still need to get the vote email done (will
happen later today), but if you're eager to start testing, please go
ahead!

Staging repos (the second part of the upload is from a different IP address):

* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejclouds-1020/
-> core, labs, labs-aws, labs-google, labs-openstack

* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejclouds-1021/
-> chef, karaf, cli

Please have a look at the JIRA issues and check whether the correct
issues are listed! Thanks!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12327548&styleName=Html&projectId=12314430&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED%7C05e0b2cce69ea1018324801735805624361873ff%7Clout

Regards

ap

Fw: 1.8.1 release status update

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> I'm aiming to get the vote email out at some point tomorrow, with (if
> things go well) the release going to Central by the second half of next
> week.

Unfortunately, we've hit some snags getting Karaf and Cli updated to
match the recent (overdue!) stale provider cleanout. So I don't expect
a vote email until tomorrow.

Won't make much practical difference as the vote window would have
been the same, but just wanted to let everyone know.

Have a good weekend!

ap