Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by metadata_madness <Tj...@metamatrix.com> on 2006/04/28 00:35:01 UTC

Using EL in id attribute of selectBooleanCheckbox tag

I have a datatable that has a column with a checkbox (selectBooleanCheckbox)
in it. I would like to assign a variable value to the id attribute of the
selectBooleanCheckbox us EL, but I get a parsing error at runtime. Here is
my code:

<h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="#{product.uuid}" value="#{product.selected}"/>

The "#" seems to cause problems. Is there any way to use a variable for the
id of the checkbox?

Thanks!
Ted
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Using EL in id attribute of selectBooleanCheckbox tag

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 4/27/06, metadata_madness <Tj...@metamatrix.com> wrote:
> I have a datatable that has a column with a checkbox (selectBooleanCheckbox)
> in it. I would like to assign a variable value to the id attribute of the
> selectBooleanCheckbox us EL, but I get a parsing error at runtime. Here is
> my code:
>
> <h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="#{product.uuid}" value="#{product.selected}"/>
>
> The "#" seems to cause problems. Is there any way to use a variable for the
> id of the checkbox?

On 4/27/06, metadata_madness <Tj...@metamatrix.com> wrote:
> I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply Dennis.

Actually, you can do it by programmically setting the id in code
rather than using an attribute tag.

I've also seen mention of being able to do it with Facelets with jstl
tags.   Don't know if that'd work for you without facelets.

Re: Using EL in id attribute of selectBooleanCheckbox tag

Posted by metadata_madness <Tj...@metamatrix.com>.