Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Spike <sp...@interspike.com> on 2001/09/25 12:07:49 UTC

jsp screen loading

Greetings Jetspeed Users,

This question is directed at those using a mix of velocity and jsp pages in
Jetspeed:

Suppose you have a *.jsp portlet that contains links and/or buttons. When a
user clicks on one of these the action class for that portlet handles the
submission. I understand how to call specific methods in the action handler
by appropriately naming the buttons but how does one load a new *.jsp
screen? Specifically, from the action class we want to load a screen that is
not a portlet. The *.jsp screen that loads should look similar to a
maximized portlet but be just another *.jsp page with it's own action class
to handle submissions. We have been able to get a *.jsp page to load by
setting the screen in the action class but the portlet frame is missing. It
seems there are a couple ways to do this but which is most appropriate given
the turbine/velocity template approach?

One other question: How does one access RunData from inside a *.jsp page?

Any direction, pointers to documentation or assistance is sincerely
appreciated.

Thanks all...

~spike

Re: jsp screen loading

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> This question is directed at those using a mix of velocity and jsp pages
in
> Jetspeed:
>
> Suppose you have a *.jsp portlet that contains links and/or buttons. When
> user clicks on one of these the action class for that portlet handles the
> submission. I understand how to call specific methods in the action
handler
> by appropriately naming the buttons but how does one load a new *.jsp
> screen?

Do you mean like, for ex., when the NewAccount screen is loaded:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed/portal/template/NewAccount

this is a single template combined with the standard navigations

Specifically, from the action class we want to load a screen that is
> not a portlet. The *.jsp screen that loads should look similar to a
> maximized portlet but be just another *.jsp page with it's own action
class
> to handle submissions. We have been able to get a *.jsp page to load by
> setting the screen in the action class but the portlet frame is missing.
It
> seems there are a couple ways to do this but which is most appropriate
given
> the turbine/velocity template approach?
>
> One other question: How does one access RunData from inside a *.jsp page?

<% RunData rundata = (RunData)request.getAttribute("rundata"); %>