Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br> on 2004/03/23 22:23:11 UTC

Using containers inside turbine

Hi all. I'm thinking about the best way to integrate the different
avalon containers inside turbine. So far, we have worked with Fortress
and ECM. The simplest scenario would be getting a handle to a component
using a role. Example :

Container container = TurbineMagic.getContainer();
Object myComponent = container.lookup(MyComponent.ROLE);

Sometimes its necessary to get a handle to the ServiceManager itself,
so:

Container container = TurbineMagic.getContainer();
ServiceManager manager = container.getServicemanager();

would be necessary too.

I'd like to minimize the number of changes required when replacing
containers implementations (ECM, Fortress, Merlin, etc).

What do you think about this ?

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
InterBusiness Tecnologia e Serviços

RE: Using containers inside turbine

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Leandro..   If someone would move the ball forward on how we work with
containers, that would be fantastic....

MerlinComponentService especially needs some work..  I saw your posts to
Avalon, and I think if we could get the MerlinComponentService up to 3.2 or
3.3 of Merlin that would be exceellent...