Posted to repository@apache.org by Peter Kriens <Pe...@aQute.biz> on 2007/05/22 16:28:35 UTC

Repository format

I am trying to create a utility that allows you to download maven jar
files from a url and add OSGi headers, for example:

      bnd:asm.asm-3.0

To make this work reliably, I need a definition of the repository
structure. However, I can not find such a document through Google. Can
anyone in this list help me out?

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens

Re[4]: Repository format

Posted by Peter Kriens <Pe...@aQute.biz>.
I guess I was looking for something like this :-)

Thanks for all the other links, I'll take a look.

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens

Re: Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
You can also take a look at

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/modules/geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/repository/

On 5/22/07, Peter Kriens <Pe...@aqute.biz> wrote:

> Well, I am not running inside maven ... I want to create an
> independent downloader via a url because this allows existing
> frameworks to download bundles from a maven repo while automatically
> getting OSGi headers.
>
> However, I would like to write this application against a
> specification of the repository format (naming, directory layout,
> files, etc). I can guess, but I see a lot of variation and files I do
> not understand their meaning of.
>
> Do I  understand from your mail that no such specification exists,
> except in the source code?
>
> Kind regards,
>
>      Peter Kriens
>
> CS> do you mean like it's already done in the felix bundle plugin
> CS> bundleall and wrap goals ?
>
> CS> There's either that or the maven-downloader library
> CS>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/shared/trunk/maven-downloader/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/downloader/DefaultDownloader.java
>

> CS> On 5/22/07, Peter Kriens <Pe...@aqute.biz> wrote:
> >> I am trying to create a utility that allows you to download maven jar
> >> files from a url and add OSGi headers, for example:
> >>
> >>       bnd:asm.asm-3.0
> >>
> >> To make this work reliably, I need a definition of the repository
> >> structure. However, I can not find such a document through Google. Can
> >> anyone in this list help me out?
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >>
> >>      Peter Kriens

> then
> >> CS>
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.poi

> new
> >>

> >> --
> >> Peter Kriens                              Tel +33467542167
> >> 9C, Avenue St. Drézéry                    AOL,Yahoo: pkriens
> >> 34160 Beaulieu, France                    ICQ 255570717
> >> Skype pkriens                             Fax +1 8153772599
> >>

> --
> Peter Kriens                              Tel +33467542167
> 9C, Avenue St. Drézéry                    AOL,Yahoo: pkriens
> 34160 Beaulieu, France                    ICQ 255570717
> Skype pkriens                             Fax +1 8153772599

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On 22/05/07, Peter Kriens <Pe...@aqute.biz> wrote:
> Well, I am not running inside maven ... I want to create an
> independent downloader via a url because this allows existing
> frameworks to download bundles from a maven repo while automatically
> getting OSGi headers.
>
> However, I would like to write this application against a
> specification of the repository format (naming, directory layout,
> files, etc). I can guess, but I see a lot of variation and files I do
> not understand their meaning of.
>
> Do I  understand from your mail that no such specification exists,
> except in the source code?

well, the tests consitute a formal specification against which you can code :)

I have my own impl of the m1 and m2 layout policies, and that of the
ivy local cache too. You can use it, but it is LGPL:

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smartfrog/trunk/core/smartfrog/src/org/smartfrog/services/os/java/

This design has the local and remote layouts set by policy classes,
that something else uses to do the retrieval...this makes the cost of
switching to a new layout policy (like the ivy local one) fairly low;
you just write a new policy and some tests.

-steve

Re: Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
You don't need to run inside maven to use these libraries, but I guess
what you are looking for is
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-artifact/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/repository/layout/DefaultRepositoryLayout.java

I don't think there's a spec.

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.