Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Manish Jain <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/23 12:29:18 UTC

Kylin with Presto

Dear kylin users,
I understand that Kylin uses Calcite to query data. And same support is
available with BI tools like Tablaue.

I am standardising Presto as SQL layer on our data lake. How can I access
Kylin data using Presto SQL ?

Best Regards,
Manish Jain

Re: Kylin with Presto

Posted by Manish Jain <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shaofeng,
I am looking at Presto for both and it is my Pre-req to use kylin.
1. Presto accessing kylin as data store for cubes
2. Presto to access underlying data stored in Hive/ORC in data not there in
kylin cubes.

How can we proceed on it? We can have call on Tuesday. I work in India TZ
and one of my colleagues is in Kenya.

Best Regards,
Manish Jain
91-9810794504

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 at 7:42 PM, ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Manish,
>
> Are you going to use Kylin as a data source for Presto?
>
> There are some users using Kylin together with Presto, but they do that in
> a different way:
> 1) using Kylin as the speeding layer; Send query to Kylin first, if Kylin
> couldn't answer (no cube matched), then route to Presto;
> 2) pushdown a Kyliln query to Presto when cube not matched.
>
> Implement a Kylin adapter in Presto is also a good idea so that user can
> query Kylin together with other data sources in Presto. We can discuss that
> if you have further interest.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
> Apache Kylin PMC
> Email: shaofengshi@apache.org
>
> Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
> Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
> Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
>

> Manish Jain <ma...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月23日周四 下午8:29写道:
>
>> Dear kylin users,
>> I understand that Kylin uses Calcite to query data. And same support is
>> available with BI tools like Tablaue.
>>
>> I am standardising Presto as SQL layer on our data lake. How can I access
>> Kylin data using Presto SQL ?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Manish Jain
>>
> --