Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Javier Delgadillo <jd...@esri.com> on 2015/06/22 20:59:20 UTC

Will 3.5.0 ever go final?

Hello,

We've been working with ZooKeeper 3.5.0-alpha pretty much since it came out because we needed to support dynamic re-configuration of the cluster without restarting multiple nodes.  Are there any plans to make the 3.5.0 release final as it's been an alpha for nearly a year now.

-Javier

RE: Will 3.5.0 ever go final?

Posted by Javier Delgadillo <jd...@esri.com>.
Raúl,

Thanks for the reply.  How long are the ZooKeeper iterations?  Management would prefer we use an "official" release as opposed to one we build ourselves.  Are these the current release candidates?  http://people.apache.org/~michim/ ?

If not, where can I go find them?

-Javier

> We've been working with ZooKeeper 3.5.0-alpha pretty much since it
> came
out because we needed to support dynamic re-configuration of the cluster without restarting multiple nodes.

ditto

> Are there any plans to make the 3.5.0 release final as it's been an
> alpha
for nearly a year now.

I think there are still some rough edges [0], but Michi is making good progress in getting a new RC out for 3.5.1. I'd say that we probably need 2 more iterations before it be could considered stable, though it's being used in prod in more than a handful of places.

-rgs

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2051,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2019,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2014,