Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com> on 2000/06/11 06:49:18 UTC

SVG Status

- w3.org have not released the next working draft, they will have the
fixed java bindings with the next working draft (sometime)

- not much has been done on the code front

- we can use the code from the CSIRO svg toolkit provided it is under
their license (means having their copyright in the source etc.) or wait
for them to provide a version that is covered by the Apache license.

I think I will start to generate a todo and supported list of
elements/properties etc.

Re: SVG Status

Posted by Peter Murray-Rust <Pe...@nottingham.ac.uk>.
At 14:49 11/06/00 +1000, Keiron Liddle wrote:

>- w3.org have not released the next working draft, they will have the
>fixed java bindings with the next working draft (sometime)
>
>- not much has been done on the code front
>
>- we can use the code from the CSIRO svg toolkit provided it is under
>their license (means having their copyright in the source etc.) or wait
>for them to provide a version that is covered by the Apache license.
>
>I think I will start to generate a todo and supported list of
>elements/properties etc.

I am keen on seeing SVG functionality develop and have written a patch to
FOP that adds <circle> functionality, in the same style as the other
SVG-FOP primitives. Is this worth sending to someone to patch in? [There
isn't much more that can be done at the present because we need a complete
parser for SVG - presumably the CSIRO code would be adapted to do this?]

P.