Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by dale77 <Da...@trimble.co.nz> on 2009/02/11 06:01:29 UTC

Which CXF maven artifacts to include?

Hi,

I have a maven based project that includes a CXF wsdl2java generated web
service client library.

My question is, which cxf artifact or artifacts should i include in my
pom.xml? The list here is quite long:

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.cxf

Currently I am using:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
        <artifactId>cxf-bundle-minimal</artifactId>
        <version>2.0.9</version>
    </dependency>

But this pulls in a bunch of geronimo jars which do not play well with our
Tomcat 5.5/jdk1.6 hosted application. javax.mail no longer works, and the
geronimo 2.5 servlet spec jar fails to load in the container.

I have removed all these geronimo jars manually, which seems to solve these
problems, but I'd prefer to just have maven pull in the absolute minimum
dependencies i need. What are they?

Thanks

Dale

How to consolidate various generated exception classes into same exception class?

Posted by "Petr V." <gr...@yahoo.com>.
We published some service last year using C# and WCF.

Now we are porting code into java and we need to keep wsdl compatibility.

Some one gave me wsdl generated from C# code.

It looked real ugly. Each method was throwing its own version of same exception.

I used CXF wsdl2Java to general my code and I see 10s of exception representing same exceptiong.

For e.g Look at function definition generated via CXF wsdl2java

 public ComputerInfo getComputers(

  @WebParam(name = "groupId", targetNamespace = "XXX")Integer groupId,
  @WebParam(name = "onlyActiveComputers", targetNamespace = "XXX") Boolean onlyActiveComputers,
  @WebParam(name = "minComputerId", targetNamespace = "XXX")Integer minComputerId,
  @WebParam(name = "maxResults", targetNamespace = "XXX")Integer maxResults
    )
throws GetComputersObjectNotFoundFaultFaultFaultMessage,
           GetComputersInvalidDataFaultFaultFaultMessage,
          GetComputersGeneralFaultFaultFaultMessage,
          GetComputersDataAccessFaultFaultFaultMessage;

I should have only four exception classes (ObjectNotFoundFault, InvalidDataFault, GeneralFault, DataAccessFault)  but there are 100 opeartions in wsdl and each of them throw those same 4 exceptions but generated code has 100 * 4 = 400 exception classes :-(. Each exception has prefixed method name + exception name + FaultFaultMessage"

We should have never publised such ugly wsdl but now nothing can't be done. Is there any to consoliodate those 400 exceptions into 4 same exception classes when I am generating code via CXF wsdl2java.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Which CXF maven artifacts to include?

Posted by dale77 <Da...@trimble.co.nz>.
The answer seems to be:

        <dependencies>
                <!-- Apache CXF JAX-WS Impl -->
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
                        <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0.10</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
                        <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0.10</version>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>

I found I had to exclude some geronimo dependencies of the
cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws artifact for Tomcat5.5.