Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Barun Kumar Yadav <by...@sapient.com> on 2006/10/12 12:09:49 UTC

Indexed Properties in Struts

Hi
I'm using Indexed Properties with Struts and am attempting to over-ride the getter method of a List while trying to retrieve data.
I have an example where I use the <bean:write> tag to retrieve contents of a List
<jsp:useBean id="bean" class="org.apache.struts.webapp.exercise.StringBean"/>
<bean:write name="bean" property="stringIndexed[1]"/>
And this code effectively calls the Getter function shown below
public Object getStringIndexed(int index) {
return strAry.get(index);
}
And correct values are retrieved.
However, when I try to use a similar concept using the <html:text> tag,
The getter function public Object getChildAge(int index) does not get control
Has anyone encountered similar problems or does anyone know the reason for this ?
Help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Barun Kumar Yadav
¬Sapient  Bangalore
Work     91.804.104.7490
Mobile  91.989.197.4493
YIM       meet_you_23

Re: Indexed Properties in Struts

Posted by Aftab Vhora <af...@oracle.com>.
Hi Yadav,

have a look at below link u'll find something of ur intrest ...

http://www.developer.com/java/ejb/article.php/2233591

http://www.developer.com/java/ejb/article.php/10931_3321521_1

Thanks & Regards,
Aftab Vhora