Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/21 07:13:02 UTC

[VOTE] FLIP-208: Add RecordEvaluator to dynamically stop source based on de-serialized records

Hi all,

We would like to start the vote for FLIP-208: Add RecordEvaluator to
dynamically stop source based on de-serialized records [1]. This FLIP was
discussed in this thread [2].

This feature is needed by users who currently depend on
KafkaDeserializationSchema::isEndOfStream() to migrate their Flink job from
FlinkKafkaConsumer to KafkaSource. And we won't be able to
remove FlinkKafkaConsumer and FlinkKafkaProducer before adding this feature.

Thanks,
Dong

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-208%3A+Add+RecordEvaluator+to+dynamically+stop+source+based+on+de-serialized+records
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/z87m68ggzkx0s427tmrllswm4l1g7owc

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-208: Add RecordEvaluator to dynamically stop source based on de-serialized records

Posted by Qingsheng Ren <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update, Dong!

+1 for the new table option.

Best,
Qingsheng

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
> Since this change is relatively minor and looks good to me, I will re-use this voting thread to confirm this change is OK.
>
> Qingsheng and Leonard: can you help check whether this public interface change looks good to you?

Thanks Dong and Hang for driving this.

The change looks good to me, and +1 from my side.

Best,
Leonard

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-208: Add RecordEvaluator to dynamically stop source based on de-serialized records

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Qingsheng Ren <re...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
The vote will last for at least 72 hours (Dec 26 at 8 am UTC, excluding weekend
days). It needs consensus approval, requiring 3 binding +1 votes and no
binding vetoes.

Posted by Hang Ruan <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Best,