Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Volkmar Burke <vo...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/04 13:53:04 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.17 questions

I have a few follow-up questions about the planned ActiveMQ 5.17 release.
I am new to this list and apologize in advance should I have overlooked any
relevant information that was provided elsewhere.

a) My understanding is that a vote on an ActiveMQ v5 release containing
log4j v2 support (presumably 5.17) was to be held in late January. Was that
vote held? If yes, what was the outcome? If no, when will it be held?

b) Assuming that you are going ahead with the 5.17 release, when do you
expect for it to become available for download?

c) It was mentioned on this list that the 5.17 release will be
significantly different from prior releases. Is a list of breaking issues
-- or even just a list of planned changes -- compared to v5.16 and/or v5.15
available?

Regards,
-Volkmar H Burke Siegemund

Re: ActiveMQ 5.17 questions

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

We communicated that 5.17.0 will be available on Feb (best effort, see
next line ;)).

The vote didn't start yet because we identified some issues (for 5.16.4
release) and JMS 2.0 first step is not yet complete.

Regarding log4j2, the PR is working fine for

Regarding the gaps between 5.16.x and 5.17.x the main differences are:
- Spring 5 is used in 5.17.x (Spring 4 is used in 5.16.x)
- log4J2 is used in 5.17.x (reload4j will be used in 5.16.4)
- JMS 2.0 first step in 5.17.x (JMS 1.1 in 5.16.x)
- bunch of deps update as well in 5.17.x

Regards
JB