Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vignesh Kumar Kathiresan via user <us...@flink.apache.org> on 2022/09/07 01:31:05 UTC

[Flink Kubernetes Operator] FlinkSessionJob crd spec jarURI

Hi,

Have a session cluster deployed in kubernetes. Trying to submit a job
following the example given in docs.

When I give
1) spec.job.jarURI:
local:///opt/flink/examples/streaming/StateMachineExample.jar

getting
Error:  org.apache.flink.core.fs.UnsupportedFileSystemSchemeException:
Could not find a file system implementation for scheme 'local'. The scheme
is not directly supported by Flink and no Hadoop file system to support
this scheme could be loaded. For a full list of supported file systems,
please see
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/filesystems/.
2) when I change the scheme to file
spec.job.jarURI:
file:///opt/flink/examples/streaming/StateMachineExample.jar

getting
 Error:  java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/opt/flink/examples/streaming/TopSpeedWindowing.jar (No such file or
directory)

anything that I am missing. From the docs I can gather that I do not need
any extra fs plugin for referencing a local file system jar.

Re: [Flink Kubernetes Operator] FlinkSessionJob crd spec jarURI

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Given that the "local://" schema means the jar is available in the
image/container of JobManager, so it could only be supported in the K8s
application mode.

If you configure the jarURI to "file://" schema for session cluster, it
means that this jar file should be available in the
flink-kubernetes-operator container.
You could mount a PV for the flink-kuberentes-operator and then use "*kubectl
cp*" to copy a file into the pod.

Or you could specify a "http://" path for jarURI.

Best,
Yang