Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2015/05/27 18:57:46 UTC

Solr Ref Guide 5.2 RC Planning - aiming for RC0 on 2015-06-01

I'm volunteering to be the RM for the 5.2 ref guide.

Now that anshum has started on the 5.2 (code) RC process, we need to
knuckle down on the ref guide as well.  I'm about to start reviewing &
summarizing the CHANGES.txt list for notable things that need doc'ed which
i'll post on the TODO page -- but in the meantime if you've worked on a
new Solr feature in 5.2, please make sure you've updated the corrisponding
page in the ref guide -- you shouldn't be waiting until the last minute to
do that, this part of the process is just about looking for things that
have fallen through the cracks.

My goal is to cut the first ref guide RC no later then monday (2015-06-01)
and -- as usual -- cancel any ref guide vote that is ongoing if/when a
new code RC is published tha affects anything in the ref guide.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: Solr Ref Guide 5.2 RC Planning - aiming for RC0 on 2015-06-01