Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Vijesh A.V." <vi...@emirates.com> on 2006/04/13 17:01:02 UTC

Integrating Slide with a Java Desktop Client

Hi all,

Please note that I am new to CMS.

Right now doing R&D for finding out a good Java based open source CMS
solution, hence I came across Apache Slide.

Our Desktop client is done is Java Swing which is using a J2EE server
and Oracle database.

Can I integrate Slide with our Swing client? Where in the published
documents should get displayed in the client application window (or a
child frame).

By integration, what I meant is: the ability to bypass login to reach
published content, editing them, implementing permissions from the ACL
exists in the main application (using our security details), having the
view/edit functionality in the same interface based on the permissions,
search functionality etc.

Hope I was clear enough.

Regards,
Vijesh

RE: Integrating Slide with a Java Desktop Client

Posted by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de>.
Hi,

>Can I integrate Slide with our Swing client? Where in the published
>documents should get displayed in the client application window (or a
>child frame).

You can integrate access to Slide into (almost) any java client, so yes.

Myself I have developed a webbased and a swing-based client in which users
can upload, download and remove documents (part of the documents are
version-controlled others are not),create and delete folders, edit text
documents and assign ACLs to the documents and to the folders (of course if
they have permissions).

The slide server is integrated in a server application which also controls
the authentication, authorisation is left to slides acls.

So I guess the short answer to what I understand you want to is YES, it is
possible.

I can't say much about searching in slide, because I am not using it, but
this is possible using DASL.

hth

SVen