Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Upham <ju...@more.net> on 2001/05/10 00:34:03 UTC

Is it possible to set the GLOBAL default error page for TomCat 4?

I understand the use of the error-page directive in an application
web.xml, but we are interested in changing the default error-page
returned globally by Tomcat 4.
We would like to return a "user-friendly" error response with a
customized error page that does not include the stack trace info
(but from which we can do informational logging).

Is it possible to declare a default error-page value in the Tomcat
server.xml (or other config file)? Barring that, is it possible to
create a custom error handler class to override the Tomcat error
handler?

Thanks for any help,
jbu

--
John B. Upham   Systems & Programming -- Web Application Programmer
MOREnet             573-884-7200         3212 LeMone Industrial