Posted to commits@directory.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/10/08 22:00:26 UTC

[Directory Wiki] Update of "Asn1Home" by EmmanuelLecharny

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Directory Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by EmmanuelLecharny:
http://wiki.apache.org/directory/Asn1Home

   * ["TLV Page Info"]: Informations about '''Tlv'''s

  === ByteBuffer ===
- Buffering the incoming request or the ourgoing response is essential. As a request or a response can be hudge (for exampole, if we want to store images), it is necessary to store bytes in buffers in order to be able to pipeline the processing. Flushing informations byte by byte is totally insane, from the network point of view.
+ Buffering the incoming request or the ourgoing response is essential. As a request or a response can be huge (for example, if we want to store images), it is necessary to store bytes in buffers in order to be able to pipeline the processing. Flushing informations byte by byte is totally insane, from the network point of view.

  We are using the '''NIO''' [http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/nio/ByteBuffer.html ByteBuffer] structure to store chunks of information, before pushing them on the network, and reversly, store incoming bytes into buffers before processing the request.