Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Truskier <pt...@collabria.com> on 2000/08/03 16:14:09 UTC

Problems with SVG

I'm still having no luck getting SVG to work. We've downloaded and built a
couple of recent CVS versions, and I've tried them with the most recent
"extensive.fo" example file from the repository.

This is the error I get:
FOP 1.0 [dev]
using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
building formatting object tree
setting up fonts
formatting FOs into areas
 [1] [2] [3>] [4] [5] [6] [7Exception Occurred:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Unimplemented interface method
	at org.apache.fop.svg.Rect.createGraphic(Rect.java:122)
	at org.apache.fop.svg.Rect.layout(Rect.java:147)
	at org.apache.fop.svg.SVG.layout(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.layout(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.Root.format(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.format(FOTreeBuilder.java:255)
	at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.format(Driver.java:349)
	at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine.main(CommandLine.java:182)
	at
com.apple.mrj.JManager.JMStaticMethodDispatcher.run(JMAWTContextImpl.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

Any tips as to what I've done wrong?

Thank you.

> Peter Truskier
Collabria, Inc.
2121 South El Camino Real
San Mateo, CA 94403
ptruskier@collabria.com
Tel: 650-522-3261
Fax: 650-522-3301
Cell: 650-208-6752

Re: Problems with SVG

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

Peter Truskier wrote:

> I'm still having no luck getting SVG to work. We've downloaded and built a
> couple of recent CVS versions, and I've tried them with the most recent
> "extensive.fo" example file from the repository.
>
> This is the error I get:
> FOP 1.0 [dev]
> using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
> using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
> using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
> building formatting object tree
> setting up fonts
> formatting FOs into areas
>  [1] [2] [3>] [4] [5] [6] [7Exception Occurred:
> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Unimplemented interface method

This sort of error is caused by code being changed (such as an interface
change) and only one part of the code being recompiled.
In other words there is an incompatible change between two compiled class
file that would not otherwise compile.
Actually it might be that you are using an old w3c.jar which had a different
set of interfaces.

Solution: make sure everything is checked out properly and that all files
have been re-compiled and that you are using the latest w3c.jar.