Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by Chris Twiner <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/17 21:12:55 UTC

Development of a possible Muse 2.2.1 release

Hi All,

I have some free time coming up and I'd like to get a number of issues
cleared and perhaps made into a small release 2.2.1.

The list of proposed issues for 2.2.1 is below but please examine any
outstanding issues to see if they also fit the aim for 2.2.1.

If you, the Muse community, would prefer to wait until 2.3.0 for a
larger release with these fixes, please let me know.

A thorny issue is the upgrading of Axis2 versions (277, 284) which
would break binary compatibility of the 2.2.1 Axis2 platform release
(Axis2 1.4.1 requires jre 1.5).  My current planning is to build
against the old Axis2 versions (from a local lib directory) and allow
a Maven profile for running with the latest Axis2 libs.  This should
allow 2.2.1 Muse jars to be drop in replacements for 2.2.0 and allow
developers who wish to use the latest Axis2 jars.  By the same token
the sample binary release should then also include both axis2
versions, which may unfortunately cause confusion.

I'd especially like feedback from the community on how they plan to
use the latest Axis2 jars and wether the Maven profile approach will
cause them problems.

cheers,
Chris

In particular simple non interface and binary compatibility breaking
fixes such as:

(already in head)
Bug 	MUSE-270 	 EMPTY_DOC thread stability issues
Bug 	MUSE-271 	RouterFilePersistence fails to load subscriptions after
restart 	Major

(planning to do in the next month)
Bug 	MUSE-283 	SimpleNotificationProducer.getSubscriptions() returns a
not-syncronized collection 	 Critical
Bug 	MUSE-229 	SOAPAction mismatch invoking service 	Major
Bug 	MUSE-239 	response name should come from the wsdl 	Major
Bug 	MUSE-254 	ServiceGroup can't reference other ServiceGroups 	Major
Sub-task 	MUSE-259 	MUSE-244
  Flexible test infrastructure and initial set of extensible
functional tests 	Major
Bug 	MUSE-275 	MiniServlet uses incorrect SOAP 1.1 content type 	Major
Bug 	MUSE-285 	ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when
SimpleResourceManager.getListeners() performs new
LinkedList(_listeners); 	Major
Bug 	MUSE-286 	ConcurrentModificationException when a resource shuts down 	Major
Bug 	MUSE-289 	wsa:Action value is not conform to WSN1.3 specification 	Major
Bug 	MUSE-292 	Wsdl2java fails when no wsdl:types element in wsdl 	Major
Bug 	MUSE-265 	Serialization of array via SimpleNotificationProducer
sends only the last element in the array 	Minor
Bug 	MUSE-268 	SoapFault(Element) constructor retrieves code but loses
namespace 	Minor
Improvement 	MUSE-278 	Clean-up and improve the build script 	Minor
Bug 	MUSE-290 	Issue in XmlUtils.setNamespaceAttribute() method 	Minor
Bug 	MUSE-293 	XPath filter gets Namespaces from NotificationMessage

(as runtime exception with collection of found exceptions)
Improvement 	MUSE-281 	Subscription Manager must throw faults on
publish back to notification producer 	Major

(concerned that this breaks binary compatibility)
Bug 	MUSE-277 	Axis implementation inside Apache Muse pretty-prints
the XML 	Major

(might be related to the Axis2 library requirements)
Bug 	MUSE-284 	Could not generate code for Muse 2.3 milestone build
i,e muse-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip for OSGI, AXIS2 container 	Minor

AW: Development of a possible Muse 2.2.1 release

Posted by Oliver Wäldrich <ol...@gmx.de>.
Hi All,

I would like to vote to have bug 232 fixed in the next minor release. There
is already a patch attached to this issue (patch 3). I will also try to
provide a test case for this issue in time.

Best regards,
Oliver

Re: Development of a possible Muse 2.2.1 release

Posted by Chris Twiner <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oliver,

I've saved the namespaceString -> nameString ncname fix to head.

cheers,
Chris