Posted to dev@cmda.apache.org by "Pan, Lei (398K)" <le...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2016/02/25 21:42:58 UTC

github repository

Hi all,

I suggest that we have one additional layer
in the directory structure of our unified
repository, and also modify some of the
existing directory names so they are more
obvious in describing what are under them.

Here is one example:
git root — CMU_provenance — frontend
                                                    — backend
              — JPL_CMDA — frontend
                                       — backend
              — doc
              — backup — as_of_201602

So the current sevices subdir will fall into
JPL_CMDA — backend. The current
ApacheCMDA-Frontend will become
JPL_CMDA — frontend. The current
JPL-WebService will become JPL_CMDA.
The current climate-service will fall into
CMU_provenance — frontend, and
climate-service-backend will fall into
CMU_provenance — backend.
The existing subdirs such as web_portal
will not be removed immediately,
but will be moved to backup — as_of_201602.

This is just a suggestion to change to
avoid confusion. Please suggest better
structure or dir names if you have any.

Also, according to our mentor Mike Joyce,
the official CMDA git repository should reside here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cmda.git
and a mirror of it will be created on github, so
the current github repository is a sandbox
for us to get things organized but it’ll go away
eventually. The mirror will be created under
a different root dir on github.

Please feel free to let us know your questions, suggestions,
and comments.

Thanks,
-Lei

Re: github repository