Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Thierry Lam <la...@pcigeomatics.com> on 2005/04/21 22:17:11 UTC

Suppressing a specific LoggerPtr

How do I control the output of a specific logger?
For example:

LoggerPtr stufflog(Logger::getLogger("STUFFLoger"));

LOG4CXX_INFO(stufflog, "Stuff testing");

My config file:
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout

# Pattern to output the caller's file name and line number.
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p - %m%n

log4j.monLogger = WARN

The line log4j.monLogger = WARN doesn't seem to suppress the output
"Stuff testing".  Any idea what I'm doing wrong or the proper way to do
it?

Thanks
Thierry

Re: Suppressing a specific LoggerPtr

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
Where did you come up with the syntax

> log4j.monLogger = WARN

That is not the way to specify a level for an appender and your
appender is not named monLogger.

How about:

log4j.logger.STUFFLoger=WARN

See