Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Octavio Martinez Davalos <om...@cs.rmit.edu.au> on 2000/10/17 09:00:08 UTC

Installing SOAP under Apache JServ

Hello:

I'd like to know whether it's possible to install SOAP in Apache JServ
and if there is a way (once it is installed) how to test it with
samples. I suppose I need to modify either jserv.properties,
zone.properties or jserv.conf but don't know where and how.

Has anybody achieved this? Thanks for any feedback!

Octavio Martinez

Re: Installing SOAP under Apache JServ

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
Apache Soap Requires a Servlet2.2 compliant Servlet Engine. IMHO Tomcat is
upto spec BUT  the standard JServ is not!
Please try to switch to Tomcat, that is what I had to do many months ago!
(-:
Regards - George
It has been very, very stable (but I bit slower) for me. The upcoming
Tomcat4 will (eventually) solve the performance problem.

Posted by Naveen Kumar <na...@oracle.com>.
Hi Octavio,

For running the sampls of SOAP which is downloaded from apache site u need
to have xml.jar and other stuff which comes with tomcat and not with
jserv.
SO, it might not be working with jserv..
but it works well with apache tomcat...

Naveen

Octavio Martinez Davalos wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'd like to know whether it's possible to install SOAP in Apache JServ
> and if there is a way (once it is installed) how to test it with
> samples. I suppose I need to modify either jserv.properties,
> zone.properties or jserv.conf but don't know where and how.
>
> Has anybody achieved this? Thanks for any feedback!
>
> Octavio Martinez

P.Naveen Kumar
Member Technical Staff
Oracle Software India Ltd