Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Prakash Viswanathan <ru...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/06 16:27:37 UTC

Capacity Test

Dear JMeter Users,

I need to perform System Capacity test on a Web Service environment. I know
Capacity test is about estimating the number of users or load the
environment can support at a given time.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate if anyone who is
experienced at this throw me some light.

1. Should System Capacity test be performed for all web service operations
the Service supports?
2. What are we looking for in System Capacity test, should we run the same
input under different thread count to see when you get Soap Faults or when
you get alerts from Environment Monitoring Systems? Or should we run set of
input which should always return Valid Web service response but returns Soap
Fault when under a certain thread count?

Thanks
Prakash