Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Jim.Musil" <Ji...@target.com> on 2015/05/20 19:57:28 UTC

ConfigSets and SolrCloud

Hi,

I need a little clarification on configSets in solr 5.x.

According to this page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Config+Sets

I can create named configSets to be shared by other cores. If I create them using this method AND am operating in SolrCloud mode, will it automatically upload these named config sets to zookeeper?

Thanks!
Jim Musil

Re: ConfigSets and SolrCloud

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
What is "it"? There isn't one except zkcli and variants ;).

Things are all automatic once you get things _to_ Zookeeper, but
pushing the config sets up is a manual process. The "usual" process is
to have the configs in some VCS somewhere so they're safe, and do the
usual checkout/edit/checkin and at some point push them to ZK. Then
they will be automatically distributed to all the relevant Solr nodes
whenever the cores get reloaded, often done with the collections API
RELOAD command.

Of course you can cheat in dev environments, at least in IntelliJ, by
downloading the Zookeeper plugin that allows you to edit the files
directly on Zookeeper, but that's certainly NOT recommended for
production of course.....

Best,
Erick