Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Mukil Kesavan <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/15 19:06:38 UTC

Tuning out-of-core for SSDs

Hi,

I've been testing giraph out-of-core functionality with the pagerank
example on HDD and SSD storage. In the large majority of my experiments,
there is almost no difference (within 2 to 3%) in the benchmark execution
time between storing partitions and messages in either of the two mediums.

So I'm wondering if there are any tunables that I can customize to extract
the maximum out-of-core performance on SSDs. I can also take a shot at
making code modifications if someone familiar with the out-of-core
implementation has any suggestions.

Thanks,
Mukil