Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/09/29 12:43:21 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "" on OTHER:? (fwd)

Brian?

----- Forwarded message from chip76@ix.netcom.com -----

From: chip76@ix.netcom.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Sat Sep 28 20:54:07 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "" on OTHER:?

Submitter: chip76@ix.netcom.com
Operating system: OTHER:?, version: ?
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
I came across a request for support.  The problem seems to fit this description from the known bugs list.  Has it been fixed?  Are there practical workarounds?

   4.BSDI problems: One of the test machines (Hyperreal) has noticed "flocks" of child processes sucking up large
      amounts of resources when moderately hit (on a Pentium 90 running 1.1 serving ~2 hits/second). Killing and
      restarting the daemon helps this disappear - it's being investigated, it might be a kernel bug, but then every server
      developer likes to say that. Let us know how well it works for you if you are using BSDI and have a high number of
      hits.
--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from chip76@ix.netcom.com -----

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)
http://www.imdb.com/  ... why wait for a clear night to see the stars?.

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "" on OTHER:? (fwd)

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
I haven't seen this happen in a long while.

We should clean up the "known bugs" page.

	Brian