Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Bhavik Patel <bh...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/28 17:25:52 UTC

Presto Row-level filter and Column masking

Hi Bruin,

I have a few questions regarding presto Row-level filter and Column masking
which are as follows:

1. Where can I find the below debug logs(in the nodemanger container log)?
 [LOG.debug("==> getDataMaskResult(request=" + request + ")");
 LOG.debug("==> getRowFilterResult(request=" + request + ")");]
2. How and when this API gets triggered?
[ public Optional<ViewExpression> getRowFilter
 public Optional<ViewExpression> getColumnMask ]
3. I have created database db1 in hive which has below table structure:
t1 (xx INT, yy int, zz int);
and are values(10,20,30),(40,50,60);

currently, I have created a row filter policy[xx=10 with this expression]
in presto but when I select the table data from "hetuservercli", the policy
does not get applied.
Any prerequisites steps or the policy need to be created at presto or hive
end?
note: Policy download is working perfectly.

Kindly support me in this to understand the feature.

Thank you.

Regard,
Bhavik Patel
+91-7208744109