Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Naden <na...@mac.com> on 2001/08/17 11:17:04 UTC

Odd Tomcat Behaviour [ArrayOutOfBounds Exception]

Hi,

Simple question:

I have a servlet package running using Tomcat 3.3m4 that is doing some very
odd things. Tomcat is running using Apache/1.3.20 on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE on
a x86.

I am using a html form to change the name of a database entry given a
certain entry ID. Problem has been diagnosed to a certain condition. If I
enter more than a single word in the name box I get a nice ArrayOutOfBounds
exception which get this, propagates through any running servlet if I don't
do catch it at the end of my particular servlet.

The weird part is that the error comes from the entry id being equal to null
even though clearly it isn't (you can see it passed in the url field).

Any help would be really great.

Cheers,

Naden

RE: Odd Tomcat Behaviour [ArrayOutOfBounds Exception]

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.
I thought this was fixed in the cvs version of tomcat (don't know if it made
3.3 b1.. (I was having a lot of these messages too, but after the fix
everything was ok..
(don't know the stacktrace, but it looks the same).

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.