Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/26 08:20:16 UTC

Need advice for Implementing classification algorithms in MapReduce

In-order to learn MapReduce algorithm,I usually try it from scratch.
What I follow is for classification algorithms-

*First I build a model *
*hadoop jar myjar.jar edu.ModelDriver <Modelinput> <Modeloutput>*

*secondly I will write a prediction class in MR*
*hadoop jar myjar.jar edu.PredictDriver <Testinput> <TestOutput>
<Modeloutput>*

  *<Modeloutput> is supplied as an argument to get the model results for
prediction.*

Is this a better way ?

or Should I follow the below way -

*hadoop jar myjar.jar edu.Driver train="traininput.txt"
test="testinput.txt" output=outputlocation*

Which is the standard way?
Please suggest

--
*Thanks & Regards *

*Unmesha Sreeveni U.B*
*Hadoop, Bigdata Developer*
*Center for Cyber Security | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham*
http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/