Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by kbighorse <kb...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/15 00:41:53 UTC

Re: custom abator javaTypeResolver and eclipse

More of an Ant/Eclipse question, but how does one "add your custom class to
the Ant class path in the Ant launch configuration"?  I tried adding the
folder with my source file in it and adding the folder with the .class file.
Also, is it impossible to extend Abator and use Java file auto-merge, since
the former only works in Ant and the latter only with the Eclipse plug-in?

kimball

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
In eclipse you should not edit the .classpath file directly.  You should
edit the launch configuration through the UI.  The menu option is something
like "Run->External Tools...", this will present you with a dialog where you
can find your Ant launches and set the classpath appropriately.  Assuming
your custom class is a part of an eclipse project, add the project to the
classpath of the launch configuration.

The Abator plugin for eclipse includes a build in Ant task called "
abator.generate" that supports Java file merging.  You should that task when
running Ant in eclipse.  This means that you do not need to do a <taskdef>
when running in the eclipse environment - simply use the "abator.generate"
task.  An example of this is in the eclipse help for abator.

If you eant to automate this, read the eclipse help about running a
"headless ant build".

Jeff Butler