Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas Lutz <ma...@gmx.at> on 2006/02/13 02:50:52 UTC

possible: footer filled with first and last row of page ?

Hi list !

Sorry if this is faq, or easy to do, but I've been searching and reading
quite some time now, and have not found a solution or even a hint yet.

What my output should look like:
-a table spanning multiple pages (around 100 in the final version), no
problem so far
-each row consists of a nested table containing some "person has n
items" rows, no problem, too
-question: is (and if how :-) ) it possible to output a footer, that is
a concat of the first last name and the last last name on this page ?

Maybe an example is better:
-----------------------
|Page x:
|
|AName
|-item1
|-item2
|BName
|-item1
|CName
|-item1
|-item2

|Footer: AName - CName
-----------------------

What I want to achieve is that the printed version of this pdf can be
searched fast...
Is this possible with fop ?

Thanks for the help, every is input is more then welcome !

regards,
tom

Re: possible: footer filled with first and last row of page ?

Posted by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org>.
Thomas,

I don't have the XSL-FO spec handy but have a look at <fo:marker> and
<fo:retrieve-marker....>

For each name in your table create a <fo:marker> element. In the footer
retrieve the first and last marker on the current page with the
appropriate page-position selector.

Manuel

Re: [SOLVED] possible: footer filled with first and last row of page ?

Posted by Thomas Lutz <ma...@gmx.at>.
thanks a lot !

got enough ideas, got it running :-).

now that i know what to search for, there's enough material on the web...

thanks again (to manuel, too),
tom

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
This can be done using markers: fo:marker and fo:retrieve-marker. For
every name you'd add a marker and reference that in the static-content
for the region-after using two fo:retrieve-marker elements with the
right retrieve-position. Have a look at [1] which is a good example from
our test repository. That should give you some ideas.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/test/layoutengine/standard-testcases/markers_6a.xml

On 13.02.2006 02:50:52 Thomas Lutz wrote:
> Hi list !
>
> Sorry if this is faq, or easy to do, but I've been searching and reading
> quite some time now, and have not found a solution or even a hint yet.
>
> What my output should look like:
> -a table spanning multiple pages (around 100 in the final version), no
> problem so far
> -each row consists of a nested table containing some "person has n
> items" rows, no problem, too
> -question: is (and if how :-) ) it possible to output a footer, that is
> a concat of the first last name and the last last name on this page ?
>
> Maybe an example is better:
> -----------------------
> |Page x:
> |
> |AName
> |-item1
> |-item2
> |BName
> |-item1
> |CName
> |-item1
> |-item2
> |
> |Footer: AName - CName
>
> What I want to achieve is that the printed version of this pdf can be
> searched fast...
> Is this possible with fop ?
>
> Thanks for the help, every is input is more then welcome !
>
> regards,
> tom

Jeremias Maerki