Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by vasanthdharmaraj <vd...@kemper.com> on 2011/09/26 21:10:30 UTC

Websphere ActiveMQ MessageTransformer

I have a setup where ActiveMQ starts up in-memory in Websphere using the vm
protocol. (vm:broker:(tcp://localhost:61616,network)?persistent=false). I
have setup a connection factory too in Webspehere admin console. This works
fine.

Now I want this broker to transform a Sonic MultiPart message
(progress.message.jimpl.xmessage.MultipartMessage) to a regular JMS message.
I found that in ActiveMQ I can set a MessageTransformer
(http://activemq.apache.org/message-transformation.html) to do this. The
documentation says "To use a MessageTransformer you can install it on one of
the following classes via the setTransformer() method
    ActiveMQConnectionFactory
    ActiveMQConnection
    ActiveMQSession
    ActiveMQMessageConsumer
    ActiveMQMessageProducer".

In my setup the ActiveMQConnection is created in the Admin Console. The
application uses JNDI lookup to get this. The application uses the
javax.jms.Connection Interface and is not aware that this is a
ActiveMQConnection.

My question is that is there a way to set the MessageTransformer in the
Admin Console or in a activemq.xml?

Re: Websphere ActiveMQ MessageTransformer

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
Apache Camel should be able to help. It has great transformation capabilities and can run right within ActiveMQ.
Working with Sonics multipart messages may be a bit tricky, however.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com