Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/05/26 08:21:06 UTC

[DISCUSS] When to start the process of a new release?

Hi all,

Some time has passed since our last release and I would hate to have a
new release take as long as the last one did.

I know there are several initiatives currently in-flight.

I would like to ask you, if I missed anything and would be cool if you
could provide some information on the status' of these initiatives:

- Native OPC-UA
- S7 Alarming
- NiFi Update

Did I miss anything?

Also it would be cool if you could give the RELEASE_NOTES some love, if
you did something in the current version that's worth noting.

Chris

Re: [DISCUSS] When to start the process of a new release?

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
The last message for the Nifi PR was they were working on their changes and had not committed them.  They were looking for comment on the way they came up with getting the datatype from the response object, if you could comment.  I don’t know if what they have is right or not.

Posted by Ben Hutcheson <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For OPC UA, reading, writing and subscriptions work well. This covers
everything the existing implementation does, suppose I could rebase it and
create a PR for it.
I do want to finish up the encryption connections, there isn't a lot of
work to get that to work, however I'm sure I'm going to get stuck on
symmetric encryption again. I hate troubleshooting encryption problems :(

Ben

Posted by Cesar Garcia <ce...@ceos.com.ve>.
Hi,

I can confirm the functionality of S7Alarm already with S7300 & S7400. Of
course it is only the reception that is a contribution at this point.
At the end of the stability tests, I can work with the documentation for
the team to evaluate and generate the PR.
I am going to establish a roadmap, for the other features that were
implemented in 0.6.1.

Best regards,

--
*CEOS Automatización, C.A.*
*GALPON SERVICIO INDUSTRIALES Y NAVALES FA, C.A.,*

*FRENTE A LA ASOCIACION DE GANADEROS,BARCELONA,EDO. ANZOATEGUI*
*Ing. César García*

*Cel: +58 414-760.98.95*

*Hotline Técnica SIEMENS: 0800 1005080*

*Email: support.aan.automation@siemens.com