Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aniket B Sutaria <an...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/09/27 09:53:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with j_security_check

Dear All

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this.
I have apache 1.3.26 server installed and have integrated tomcat41
with it.
My apache server is set to listen on 443 port (https). I am using
mod_webapp module to integrate tomcat with apache. The web
application name in tomcat is "secure" and has been correctly
mapped as "/secure" in server.xml as docbase. There is a
"protected" directory under "secure" directory where documents
that need authentication reside. I am using form based
authencation in tomcat to access the resources in protected
directory.

In tomcat the 8080 port is open for connection as standalone
server and 8009 for warp connection.

The problem is when I type my url as "https://localhost" i get my
index.html file residing in apache document root. Everything is
fine untill i try to access the protected area as :
"https://localhost/secure/protected/index.html"

As soon as i do this, tomcat finds that i am accessing a security
constrainted resource and redirects me to
"http://localhost:443/secure/login.jsp" page for authentication.
Note that the redirection is on a non-secured port http. Logically
it should have redirected me to
"https://localhost/secure/login.jsp"

Can anyone please help me by letting me know what is wrong?
Please help me.

Thanks in advance
Aniket